Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Program and Certification
In accordance with 49 Code of Federal Regulations 26.39: Fostering Small Business Participation, Tar River Transit (TRT) has amended its DBE Program Plan to include a Small Business Enterprise (SBE) element. TRT intends to use federal Transit funds for selected federally funded contracts, with a total value less than $1,500,000 for SBEs. Firms wishing to participate as an SBE must meet the following:
- 51% percent owned, managed and controlled by one or more economically disadvantaged individual(s).
- Must be a small business as defined by Small Business Administration (SBA).
- Personal Net Worth Limit: $1.5 million.
- Gross receipts must not exceed $26.29 million averaged out over three years.
- Firm must be organized as a for-profit business
NOTE: If you are applying for DBE certification, please do not submit an SBE application because DBE certification will automatically qualify your firm as an SBE.
Download Public Notice with criteria in PDF
Steps to Apply
- Complete the SBE Certification Application
Download the SBE Certification Application in PDF
Complete the Affidavit of Certification
Download the SBE Affidavit of Certification in PDF
- Collect the Supporting Documents listed in the PDF(s) and send all applicable documents in to Tar River Transit.
If you have questions, please contact