Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Program and Certification
In accordance with 49 Code of Federal Regulations 26.39: Fostering Small Business Participation, Tar River Transit (TRT) has amended its DBE Program Plan to include a Small Business Enterprise (SBE) element. TRT intends to use federal Transit funds for selected federally funded contracts, with a total value less than $1,500,000 for SBEs. Firms wishing to participate as an SBE must meet the following:
- 51% percent owned, managed and controlled by one or more economically disadvantaged individual(s).
- Must be a small business as defined by Small Business Administration (SBA).
- Personal Net Worth Limit: $1.5 million.
- Gross receipts must not exceed $26.29 million averaged out over three years.
- Firm must be organized as a for-profit business
Steps to ApplyComplete the SBE Certification Application PDF file Download the SBE Certification Application in PDF
- Complete the SBE Certification Application Download the SBE Certification Application in PDF
- Complete the Affidavit of Certification Download the SBE Affidavit of Certification in PDF
- Collect the Supporting Documents listed in the PDF(s) and send all applicable documents in to Tar River Transit.